Everything you need to know to start an Ice Manufacturing Business9th Apr 2021
If you are thinking about starting your own Ice manufacturing business Izinga Catering Equipment is here to help and with our crazy Ice supplier/manufacturer special starting an Ice business just got easier!
First thing first if you want to start a business manufacturing ice you need to know figure out what type of ice your business will be making. Then you need to see who your target market will be and if your business will click with the public.
In this article, we will cover the different types of ice and ice shapes, the equipment you need, how to steal and store then ice, how to transport the ice, and lastly both the advantages and disadvantages of starting an ice business.
Different types of ice and ice shapes
- Square cubes
- Round ice cubes ( gourmet ice cubes )
- Ice flake
- Crushed ice
Equipment you need
- Ice Machine Modular
- Ice Bin
- Platform Scale
- Stainless Steel Plain Top Table
- Chest Freezer
Izinga Catering equipment can sort you out with all the equipment you need.
We offer an Ice Supplier/Manufacture package which includes:
- 1 x 400 KG Ice Machine Modular
- 1 x 500 KG Ice Bin
- 1 x Platform Scale -150KG
- 1 x Stainless Steel Plain Top Table 1100mm
- CF590 Chest Freezer 567Lt
All Prices Include Delivery, Installation, & Training to anywhere in Gauteng (Outside Gauteng Delivery R5.50 Per km)
You can get all this for only
How to seal and store ice
Nylon bags work best for packing the ice in. To seal the bags you can tie the bag or use cable ties to close the bag. After the bags have been packed place them inside a chest freezer. If you have a freezer room you can store you can store the ice there too but if you are just starting out a chest freezer is the bets option.
Transporting the ice
For starting up a business you can transport your ice in a vehicle that has an insulated box like a chest freezer or if you can, transporting the ice in an insulated van is always a good option.
And finally, we get to the Advantages and Disadvantages of an Ice Business
- You don’t need a huge infrastructure to start.
- You don’t need a lot of capital to start. – compared to other businesses.
- In the summertime, you’ll be the coolest ( no pun intended)
- Ice businesses are seasonal. – cold weather or heavy rain can negatively affect your business.
- You need to maintain good quality for your product. Make sure the water you use is CLEAN and SAFE for people to take.
If you have any questions about our equipment or any of our packages please feel free to contact us today!